Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dad...Even after Three Years....

Dear Dad, Well it’s been over three years now since you went to your glory. You would think that by now I would be comfortable just knowing that. You would think it…but you would be wrong. You see, everything I do I seem to measure to your standards. If something funny happens I think about how you would have reacted. It something goes wrong or is a challenge I think of how you would have handled it. So you are never far from me and in fact I pretty regularly blame my mischievousness on you and I don’t think I’m far off the mark.

So occasionally I grapple with how to come to terms with the loss of your wisdom and wit even after three years. Marlee went and visited you yesterday. She took a picture and the place still looks good and you would be generally happy with where you are resting. I, on the other hand, only needed to see the picture to send me into a short period of grief once again. But I’m OK now. I am making a pact with myself to instead of being sorry for my loss to be grateful for what I have gained. Your passing to the next world is now the gain for our God and in time I will see you again. You are not the only person that I have loved that you are now reunited with in glory and in the Lord’s good time and plan I will see you all again.

I’m not even sure why I had to write this but I did. The blessings I have in this life are simply too many to list. I know you are part of the reason I have achieved what I have achieved. There are few words that can adequately express my thanks. Perhaps the way I live out the rest of my years will be that thanks. So Dad, thank you once again for all you gave me and for all I have gained from your wisdom. I still miss you as if you left yesterday and you will live on in me for as long as God plans for me to be on this Earth. Finally the three words that Boureys swear off…at least many Bourey boys…..I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment