Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Tribute To Karen

I feel compelled to write a little entry in memory of my late wife Karen who passed away on January 24th, 1999 or just over 15 years ago. I am twice blessed to have found Linda since then and really have no words to convey how fortunate I am to be able to include each of them as soul-mates but I wanted to write this about Karen.

Our daughter Marlee is one of the things that really exemplify Karen best. All of the things Karen was are still in Marlee. She was full of life and you could not smile when she smiled. She was quite dramatic in many aspects of her life. (Marlee) She was extremely intelligent and seemed to effortlessly display it although she really couldn’t change a flat tire. (Marlee) Again, I was blessed to have her and although the last year was very difficult for her physically she was always more concerned about everyone else around her. I will never forget when the illness she had was finally diagnosed and I was a wreck and asked her don’t you ever think why me? Her response was why not me? That blew me away at that time and still to this very day I remember it. Her faith was so strong and even got stronger as she travelled the difficult journey of the disease which ultimately took her life so early.

As life moves on we tend to take some things for granted. Karen’s death rocked my world as well as Marlee’s and many others but as I look back now I can only remember the blessings that I had at that time in Karen and that’s the way memories should be. The good thing is Karen’s memory lives on in Marlee. My guess is I see it a lot when Marlee even has no idea. So I count Marlee as another blessing in that she can remind me of just what her mother was like and why she was special to me then and her memories will be special to me always. If you never met Karen then you missed out. I can only try to convey what she meant to me, her daughter, her family and anyone else whoever had contact with her.

So here’s to you Karen…..you were a great mother, wife, and friend. It was a privilege that I will never take for granted being part of your life. Know that your daughter has gotten the best guidance and care and love from me, Linda and everyone else around her since the Lord took you home. Eventually I know we will all be together but for now we should take time every now and then to take stock in what we had….what we have…and how blessed we all are in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment