Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Little About Tom


So there is this man I have been working with at my new position by the name of Tom. Tom is retiring tomorrow and going to enjoy his new life travelling and doing what he wants when he wants. I’m certain everyone is envious to some extent but this was not given to Tom. Tom has worked hard all his life to provide for himself and his family. He has many experiences in his past jobs as well as his current one and if you've spent even minutes with Tom you've heard some of them.

Tom is one of these people that although I've only known since February, I feel like I’ve known him all my life. That said Tom is not afraid to tell it like it is and I think that is one of the quality things about him I admire so much. Love him or hate him you will never have a question about where he stands on most anything from doctors to medicine to food to music (a lot of 50’s and I mean a lot) and the list goes on and on.

So to wrap this little tribute up I feel I should say one more thing. The field I am in I have been in for many years but the sales aspect is somewhat new to me. Tom has taught me more in just 2 months in sales on a practical level than anyone I've met. If I succeed, which I plan on doing, it can be directly related to this guy’s help. So Tom, I wish you God’s speed and only the best in your next step in life. You truly deserve to be right where you are and to now enjoy your freedom. (as long as Karen says it’s ok)

No comments:

Post a Comment