Saturday, January 2, 2010

Twenty Ten

A new year is upon us. It’s a time for new beginnings at least in the psychological sense. It is time for some of us to make those hideous resolutions that tend to be a waste of good energy because for the most part they are not adhered to for very long. I may not be much different in reflecting and trying to make changes but I don’t do them in the formal sense of a resolution. It just seems like an appropriate time to think about how you’ve behaved in the past year and what you might try and do differently this new year.

Here’s a brief list of what I am considering. As with many of us I need to lose some weight. So that’s on the top of my list. I need to work hard and become more valuable to my new company and although that is not a resolution per say, it is a goal. I need to organize my home life better. I need to try to prioritize the things that need doing and actually DO THEM. That is a lofty pursuit at it’s minimum. I would do good to be more charitable to those in need. I need to spend more time making sure my wife knows just how important she is to me. That really should be enough of a list. The weight thing I will work at and hopefully make some strides. The job thing is really a responsibility that I must do. The house thing I really need to work at if I still want it to be standing and an actual dwelling of value. The charitable thing will be important to my soul. The wife thing is not something I need to try and be successful at, it is the most important thing on the list.

So there you have it. Behold my list of hopes and dreams. As I watch with wonderment the continuing sagas of different souls on Facebook, be they friends or family, I wonder what might be on their lists. Share them with me if you like. Post them somewhere as I am if you must but understand when you make them a public statement you are then obligated to make a full report at year’s end. I will do that if for no other reason to make me accountable for another year. May your 2010 be filled with a amazing list of realized hopes and dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment