Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Celebrities and Other Stuff

I thought I would broach the topic of a few "celebrities" and my opinion of them whether solicited or not and most always it's the later.

Michael Jackson: Here's a guy (?) that really received most treasured status upon his death but in recent years while he was alive received slightly less glowing reviews. It's true he was never convicted of any pedophilia, however, it's also true he paid off a few families to procure that status. First, in all fairness, I did listen and enjoy a few of his songs while he was at his pinnacle before he decided to become a white African American. He continued to get stranger and stranger and finally I could no longer even watch him without it feeling as if I was watching a impending Nascar multi-car pileup. So Michael rest in peace and I suspect your true judgement has now taken place.

Bernie Madoff: What a slime ball. This man single-handedly took down a great many people in his Ponzi schemes. Granted, many of these people were independently wealthy and you would think know better than to put all of their financial eggs in Madoff's basket but it is what it is. Being wealthy doesn't exclude you from being an idiot. You may think what he became famous for only will affect wealthy folks but watch to see just how many companies these wealthy folks own go down in flames because of his scams. One interesting side note is I have a couple friends who work at Bernie's new home and they are both quite "excited" to meet the man. I will leave the rest to your collective imaginations.

Lance Armstrong: OK I know I will receive flack for this but I just have to say enough already! The guy is an amazing cyclist but I am over hearing about him. I know he has come back from cancer and is an amazing athlete and really knows how to pedal a bike. ENOUGH already!

Sonia Maria Sotomayor: Just please go ahead and approve her for a seat on the Supreme Court. Stop making it sound as if the little (R) republicans are going to do anything but grumble and complain and in the end just confirm her. It's all smoke and mirrors and the longer it takes, the more absurd the whole process will become. Just confirm her and get it over with!

Sarah Palin: I love this woman and think she is the best thing to happen to the Republican party if for no other reason to wake the elite upper echelon of Republicans and make them perhaps ponder the little guy out there. The second best thing to happen to the Republican party is Barack Obama. If anyone is actually paying attention to something besides who's texting them this guy should dismantle the Democratic party or at least send it spiraling into disarray. I'm hopeful....

OK this is not a celebrity but it is so very annoying to me that I have to comment on it. Who does the Geico Insurance Company advertising campaign? I fail to see the advertising validity or value in a little stack of money with glass eyeballs on top. This is not clever and does not make me want to frequent this company for anything. It is, in fact, the most moronic idea I think I can ever remember. They need to can this whole thing. The amazing part is some company out there was paid incredible amounts of money to produce this concept. I wonder if they're hiring?

We spend way too much of our time and energy idolizing celebrities. These people are typically given some sort of higher status when it comes to political viewpoints or just opinions about anything. When it comes down to it, I think I value the opinion of people I come in contact with on a regular basis much more than I every will consider what Rosie O'Donnell thinks about global warming. Read and become educated and know the facts!

No comments:

Post a Comment