Tuesday, August 18, 2009

ACL What?

I am raising a beef with this entity that is government supported and does nothing in most cases but cause havoc where none should exist. I am referring to the ACLU. I have a new name for this group. A= Americans (debatable but I’ll give them that) C= Causing
L= Litigation U= Unnecessarily.

I’m sorry but this group takes civil liberties so far that it distorts all sense of proportion, perspective or common sense. It is one thing to promote civil rights and champion anyone who’s civil rights have been violated but they are taking any case where 1 or 2 people are offended because a prayer of thanksgiving is said before a dinner? I’m sorry but this “non-profit” organization has become too powerful and intrusive and needs to step back and look at what’s really important.

The lawsuits they have entered into in the past are way over the top which end up costing taxpayers millions of dollars in litigation, and these so-called reforms are almost always for 1 or 2 “offended” people. They are more concerned about the medical and mental health treatment of felons and convicts then they seem to be about the victims of their various crimes. They definitely fall under the liberal and self-proclaimed progressive factions of our country and because of that I think they should be self-funded and not get tax payer support.

I guess as long as they have that government nipple to bleed that all the ACLU lawyers will stay right in line to engage in all the frivolous and ridiculous litigation they can get their claws on regardless of the issues or outcome. I wish I had that kind of job security.

So as you can see by this brief entry they got my dander up once again. They have no concern about the repercussions or eventual outcomes of their litigation merely to keep lining their pockets at our expense. Perhaps some day they will do something that actual is beneficial to the majority and not just take care of the 1 or 2 “offended” people!

No comments:

Post a Comment