Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Hero Has Moved On





There is nothing easy about grieving. Many people try to come up with words to help. I am in the throws of grief right this minute. I am writing this purely with selfish motives. I am writing this to try to make sense of things and to perhaps even ease the pressure or burden of a loss. While many words of love and support will be uttered these next few weeks, the grief will still have a cutting edge to it that will only ease over time. I know this. I have dealt with grief before. It still doesn’t really make it any easier. Time is what will be needed to help the healing.

I have lost my hero. He is now in the loving hands of my Lord. I’m sure he’s fixing something up there already. This man could fix anything. I only wish he could fix my breaking heart. I need strength. I need to reach deep within my faith to get this strength. I need the loving arms of my wife. I need the support of anyone and everyone. I don’t really need any answers. I know the answers. I know my hero is where we all want to be. The problem is how we deal with the here and now.

My grief is raw right now. I am feeling the sting of losing someone I loved dearly. I got to spend some really treasured time with him these past few years. I will never forget our talks. I will never forget his wit….his strength of character….his many words of wisdom. I will never ever utter “oh my aching back” without thinking of him. Many people have many wonderful memories of this man. He left his mark wherever he was.

This man was a great man. He was a great Dad….husband…friend…and Christian. He would do anything for anyone. He was my hero. I love you Dad……and I will see you, hopefully, in heaven when it’s my turn.

1 comment:

  1. This was so beautiful and heartfelt. He definitely was one of a kind and I can only thank God that I had the chance to be in his life again in the past couple of years after so many years estranged. I loved him like only a daughter can love her father. I will miss him and will always treasure our times together.

    ReplyDelete