Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter











This will be my little Easter sermon. Many of you know my faith is an important part of who I am. Some of you probably get annoyed from time to time as I spout off about my beliefs. Well here’s a little epiphany for you…..I don’t care!

Life is precious and short as far as our time on this Earth is concerned. All of us have our passions and interests and even yes obsessions. Some of us place importance on worldly possessions as a mark of our success. I also realize there is a growing segment of people that place no emphasis on any religious faith and make no effort to even make it a part of there lives. How truly sad that is. I’ve said this before but it bears repeating; if anyone thinks that our life here on Earth is all there is then how do they even get out of bed in the morning? What would be the point?

Why do I believe? That can’t be simply answered in these short paragraphs. I think anyone who has faith in God has gained it differently over the years. Mine is built on many things. It was given a foundation in my early years through my Dad making, yes making us go to church. It sort of drifting on me somewhat in my 20’s and made a solid comeback when I married Karen. Then I met Jay James and that was not only when it began to grow but it flourished. I am the product of many years of life experience and even some tragedy and I do think I am living proof of the old adage, “that which doesn’t kill you will make you stronger”. I am now very fortunate to be married to a beautiful lady that also places her faith above all else. So my faith continues to grow. My focus in life is to be ready when my savior makes the call. Will I be ready? Will YOU be ready?

Easter is the perfect time in the church year to be reborn. The whole message of Easter is how we get a fresh start. Jesus did that for us. He made everything new. I hope some of you take advantage of this fresh new beginning. I know many families that put a real emphasis on there faith and strive to teach there children how important God is in their lives, My belief is if you have children you have no greater calling or could leave no more important legacy than to leave your children understanding how important their faith is in their lives.

So enjoy your Easter. Enjoy all the Easter Bunny things and the food and the family. I challenge you to also use this holiday to rekindle or for some even kindle a faith. You don’t need to jump in the water all at once but I challenge all of you to slowly wade in the shallow end…..and slowly work your way to the deeper waters. You might just find this adventure to be a real life changing event. If you have children, it might even be a life saving event.

No comments:

Post a Comment