Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today Is The Day




Today is the day. My Dad changes his residence after many many years. I know it’s for the best. I know he will get the best possible care. I also know I can’t shake this sadness. It will be a transition that he has to make as well as many of us will at some point but that knowledge doesn’t soften my sadness.

The process that’s hard for me is after all the years of him being the one to turn to for help and guidance now becomes almost reversed. He’s the one who needs the help. I am many miles away so my brother has been forced into that role almost on his own. So the miles make this even more difficult.

There is no fix for this. It is time doing what it does. I now must call upon my faith once again to keep me mindful of not what I am losing but what I have been blessed with all these years. You see time can challenge us in many ways but at least for now I can also use that time in the way of memories to keep me lifted.

Keep my father in your prayers that whatever God’s plan is for him that his last and final transition is an easy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment