Monday, March 22, 2010

The Inevitable Response





OK…here it comes. I just can’t go on without commenting on what just took place in Washington. You folks who don’t like politics see ya otherwise here’s my take on everything.

What took place is a complete travesty and basically a government takeover of our country as we know it. Our “representatives” did exactly what their President paid, pressured or ultimately ordered them to do. What they did was to completely turn their backs on the electorate. This vote had absolutely nothing to do with healthcare reform. It was all about power and control. When the administration promised transparency we had no idea just how transparent they would be.

This was a good thing. There’s a new take I’ll bet. Why was it good? Let me tell you. It was good because it finally once and for all displayed just what this President is capable of doing. It displayed once and for all just how much respect this President has for the people of this country and their wishes. Now I realize there are those who think this is the greatest deal since sliced bread. You will all wake up when you find out just how much tax that bread is going to have assessed on it. This is a good thing because the Democratic majority can now own one of the most disastrous pieces of legislation to ever be penned. This is a good thing because they will no longer be able to hide behind George Bush. This bill is their baby.

What will be next? Well many are thinking it will be making illegal immigrants legal. After all where is our President going to get his votes? He will have to bribe for them and he will have to count on the dependant class he is creating. The big problem is once you open the floodgates as he has, you now will need to continue to build on it. These people that are in need of free healthcare probably need cars. How else will they find employment? Of course with the car they will need insurance and oh yes gasoline. These are all rights as far as many are concerned, at least many in Washington. Who pays for all of this….you guessed it: YOU.

When I saw speaker Pelosi carrying in the large gavel to declare the bill passed, I actually felt physically ill. This so called leadership has basically raped and pillaged the constitution. Even worse they completely have disregarded it. The standards and expectations that we have held our elected officials to, have literally evaporated before our very eyes.

There is another reason this is a good thing in my opinion. It is awakening many who in the past could care less about politics. This country’s inner strength has always been its people and not its politicians. This bill is getting at least 15 lawsuits filed by states and I’m certain many more entities are going to follow, as they should. It is completely unconstitutional what has taken place and I can’t see how it can go forward without serious challenges.

One last comment about why I think this is a good thing. My hope is it will finally awaken a conservative base to counteract this incredible display of arrogance. I make no distinction here about Republican or Democrat because I think it will only survive if it is a conservative movement not a party movement. The difficulty ahead is figuring out if a third party would help or hinder this movement. The two parties at this time hold so much power (too much) that introducing a third party might only strengthen one of the two parties that essentially exists right now and we all know it would only benefit the left. I don’t have many answers just many questions.

To close, I realize many don’t enjoy or have an interest in politics. I must, however, implore you to get yourself interested because everything invested right now will only benefit your children and your children’s children. As things stand right now, should this bill not be repealed, the debt that will be incurred will, in my opinion, spiral our economy out of control. God help us all if that unfolds.

1 comment:

  1. I so completely agree and think you said it so well. I felt sick, too. Thanks for penning my thoughts so well!!

    ReplyDelete