Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day Dad

We are separated by many miles but are tied entirely in spirit. If you remember nothing else from this note remember that.

It occurs to me that the best way you can honor your father is to live by his values and principles. I have tried, as best I can, to honor you Dad. My family is important to me as I know it is to you. My faith is important to me as I know it is to you. My wife is important to me as I know yours still is to you even after her passing. The way I treat people is important to me as I know it is to you. So this is the way I honor you most, by showing you every chance I get that what you taught me over the years has emerged over time and I hope with God's grace will be shown in all of my offspring as well.

I will, of course, call you today and exchange our usual banter that I do look forward to every time. Just remember these two things Dad; I love you and although we are separated by many miles we are tied entirely by spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Precious thoughts and there's never a bad time to share them, especially with those we love.

    I love and admire your dad, and I love you and admire all the traits that you have received from him!

    Love ya!

    Woo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am sure you know, the traits you described above are ones your son's follow.You see, some things need not be seen everyday to be taken to heart. They are little seeds planted. Happy Father's Day to the father of my sons.
    C

    ReplyDelete