Sunday, January 16, 2011

Really Important Questions....(NOT)

So I have some questions about some of the oddities of life. I might just as well dive in so here goes…

Did you ever notice that a coffee mug and I don’t mean one of those prissy little pinkies in the air cups is about two cups of what your average coffee maker says? Is this some evil conspiracy to make everyone drink less coffee? It seems a little counter-productive if you make coffee makers. One additional thought….if you make coffee makers I guess that makes you a coffee maker maker…..hmmm

Why are pill bottles usually about 4 to 5 times larger than the contents? It would seem drug manufacturers could cut their costs (and ours!) if they would look at that!

I wonder about these new phenomena of post-it notes. I thought this was quite an ingenious invention but why are they now making them so small that it takes a magnifying glass if you actually want to write a note? They now make a computer post-it note…..what’s that all about….how many post-it notes does one have to write now that they must put them around virtually now???

I marvel at this issue….you know the issue of the incredibly difficult task of opening a CD. The companies seem to be adverse to improving their packaging so now another company says ok….we’ll make a new gizmo (technical term there) that with four swipes can disarm this packaging. American ingenuity abounds….or was it Chinese?

Here’s a puzzler to me; why are there about 50,000 varieties of batteries made? I understand that different voltages are required for different types of electronics but look at the watch battery kiosk sometime….they are all pretty much the same voltage and come in 50,000 sizes. (Perhaps a slight exaggeration) What’s that all about?

I wonder just how many wall calendars are made in or should I say for this country. They have entire stores in our wonderful malls devoted to calendars. I would bet they make enough of these often hideous calendars to put on every wall in every room in this country and even perhaps the world! I say our first green initiative would be to stop making so many calendars.

Here is something most people won’t care about which is exactly the kind of thing I enjoy bringing up….just how many types of weather radar are required to determine it’s going to rain outside and how do they still get it wrong??? Our local stations seem to have many different types with snappy names like Doppler Interactive Radar….why in the world would I care to interact with weather radar that gets it wrong anyway? My knee does a better job at the weather forecast!

More to come but I thought I would ask some of these things where most normal thinking people would not dare venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment