Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011.....Here goes

So here we are; made it to a new year. 2010 was certainly full of drama and surprises as well as some mourning in my case. Let’s look a few of the events in 2010 that were to many significant.

With me, personally, I had a major upheaval in my life losing my Dad. This will be the first complete year that he is not with me at least in a physical sense. I won’t say the holidays were smooth sailing. Although I had many moments of joy, laughter and thanksgiving I also had to deal with some raw emotions of loss. I know my future must be dominated with thanks for all I have been blessed with and that will be one of my goals.

This year saw my daughter have a career bump in the road. While it was somewhat challenging, she emerged from it by not only turning things around but by gaining a new appreciation for what is important and she is now in a really good place. Personally and I could not be more proud of her.

My beautiful lady, Linda, has passed the three year milestone of being cancer-free and we are all so blessed for that. My life is truly complete with that lady next to me and my prayer is God continues to bless us both with good health.

My Priest celebrated his 25th year of ordination and I was blessed to not only be his Senior Warden for the event but I was also privileged to be a part of his flock for a majority of those years. He truly is a man of and about God and has made a distinct and permanent impact on my life as well as many others.

I have had the good grace to re-connect with many family and friends alike through Facebook. The internet, with all its warts and problems, has made the world a smaller and more connected place.

The political face of our country is changing to the joy of many (myself included) and to the chagrin of some. Only time will tell if it’s only a cosmetic change or an actual change for the betterment of most. The cynics think it won’t change. The optimists such as me think it will improve. We’ll see I suppose.

So here we go…....2011 whether we are ready or not is here. It will now be our task to either try to change what we can, keep steady what is good and as the saying goes have the wisdom to know the difference. I seem to be more constantly reminded that getting old is not for wimps. I pray that whatever this year holds for all of us, we overcome the challenges and receive immense joy from the victories!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, shucks, daddy! Thanks for the love.

    I promise to comment more on your blog, k?

    Consider it a resolution!

    ♥!

    ReplyDelete